Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who was the greatest player to wear the number 8?

I wore number 8 throughout little league, high school and college because I always thought the most great players wore that number. Many HOFers have, I believe it's the most retired number in baseball.





Who was the greatest player to wear 8? It's very hard to pick, but I'd say Ripken, with Berra, Morgan and Yaz tied for second.Who was the greatest player to wear the number 8?
I think it's close between Ripken and Berra. I'd give it to Ripken for being who I think is the best shortstop in baseball history. I put Berra a notch behind Johnny Bench.





I will add this -- I think you could make a case for Joe Morgan being the best all-around second baseman in baseball history, which might move him into the argument.





In other words, I'd go Ripken, Berra, Morgan, but it's a very close call.Who was the greatest player to wear the number 8?
I love Yogi and admire him as a man and a HOF catcher, but I would have to say Ripken is the greatest to ever wear the number.
I think Yogi Berra was the best. He is one of my idols and is very special to me. Ripken may have been the best, but in my opinion, it was Yogi.
Ripken??? hahahhaha Uh No


It's Berra hands down bc he has many WS rings as he has fingers ...and b/c he played a much more most difficult and much more important position on the field than Ripken did
I'd definitely say Ripken.





8's my favorite number, and when I played little league, I wore it all but one year.
You just got added to my contacts for saying Ripken over Berra and Yaz lol.


I obviously agree with you, though I may be a little biased...
The Greatest, I'd have to say was Cal Ripken Jr. But my personal favorite was Hall of Famer Willie Stargell.
Ripken the Ironman himself, the others were good but Ripken tops them all.
Cal ripken although i always hated him and his orioles
Myself about 10 years ago in Little league
Cal Ripkin Jr. was the best #8, I'd say. Followed by Carl Yastrzemski.
Ripken then berra



Holiday Inn sponsors him.
Yogi
Nick Punto......


Just kidding. It's Cal Ripken Jr.
8, Yogi Berra.


Oh, I thought you said funny-est.
Kobe Bryant if he would have played baseball.
UMMMMMMM I WOULD SAY BERRA, THEN RIPKEN...THEN YAZ AND THEN MORGAN..
Without a doubt! The iron man himself, Cal Ripken Jr.
Probably Ripken, but it'll end up being Ryan Braun. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware