Thursday, December 10, 2009

My suit trousers wear out while the jackets are still great; what should i do?

On all my suits, the fabric in the trousers wears through and creats a tear / hole, while the rest of the trousers and the jacket are in good, wearable condition. When I can, I buy two pairs of trousers; but most labels (including my favourite) don't do this. Is there anything I can do to get more wear from the trousers, or make good use of a still nice jacket?My suit trousers wear out while the jackets are still great; what should i do?
Mix and match. White goes well with all colours and black too. Just dont mix other colours wrongly.My suit trousers wear out while the jackets are still great; what should i do?
Try buying suits as separates! For example I buy my suits from Next. I find a jacket I like and then buy a pair of trousers and a skirt to go with the jacket.





This suits me best for 4 reasons:





1. I'm not wearing the trousers out before the jacket as I can alternate the wear with the skirt.





2. I don't feel bored wearing the same old suit day in day out!





3. I can buy the skirt, trousers and jacket in different sizes. Being a typical pear shape I need bigger size trousers/skirt than i do jacket.





4. I can vary my look more. A shirt and flat shoes with the trousers one day and a nice camisole and higher shoes with the skirt another day.





Next are great for suits that are purchased as separates, usually doing two styles of jacket and up to 4 different skirts and trouser styles to match. Primark used to do the same but as our local Primark closed down last year I've not been able to see what they have on offer recently. Wallis and Principles (though slightly more expensive) also do the same kind of thing.





If I have a jacket that despite all my efforts outlasts the bottoms I will try and find a toning skirt/trousers to match or go for a total contrast. I had a lovely black jacket (I had worn out and outgrown the trousers!) so I teamed it with a black and cream printed layered chiffon skirt and matching cream camisole top. It looked fantastic with cream loafers for a casual look and very feminine with black kitten heel mules.





A navy pinstripe jacket looked great with a pair of plain navy trousers and a fitted white t-shirt and a navy and white printed chiffon scarf threaded through the belt loops and tied like a belt.





I've not managed to find a way of preserving fabrics to make the trousers last longer but I do find that I'm not as heavy with skirts and I find they do outlast the trousers.
Wear the jacket with jeans :)


and im pretty sure you can take the trousers to the tailor, and they'll be able to fix them.
buy some more trousers to go with you're jacket?
Wear your jacket on your legs, and your trousers on your arms.
Wear the jackets with other trousers or jeans for a casual look. The trick here is to mix n match.





There r also occasions where a suit is not necessary. U can then mix n match your jackets with your other trousers that does not come in a suit.
  • thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    hardware