Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What's the best washing powder/fabric softener for making clothes SMELL great when you wear them?

is it better to pay more for the ';quality'; brands or are they all the same?What's the best washing powder/fabric softener for making clothes SMELL great when you wear them?
sometimes i buy the Tide detergent with Febreeze in it if there are smells that don't seem to wash out with regular detergent. Usually I just use regular Tide or All in the wash, and scented fabric softener dryer sheets in the dryer. I think all the brands smell pretty good.What's the best washing powder/fabric softener for making clothes SMELL great when you wear them?
bold apple and lime zest tablets. they are a powder and softener in one and work really well and give a lovely fragrance. When ironing I also use the Vaporesse water in the iron to give it a lovely smell.
tide with bleach and febreeze bounce sheets especially the new citrus scent i have 2 boys that are all boy and we live in GA so we have the GA red clay this combination works i also use downey april fresh softener for our towels i believe it is better to pay more its worth it
as for scent, it's a personal choice. We all have our favorite. Top brands are not always better than the less expensive.
airel
Comforts Lilly and Riceflower is my favourite - the smell does last longer - and gets my fur nice and shiny smelly and clean :)
I use Tescos own brand ... it looks the same as Comfort... it smells great and is cheaper... but the most important thing is that they don't test on animals like the main brands who do.


';Lever2 and ';Procter and Gamble'; are the biggest animal testing firms. buoycott them!!
lenor concentrate... asda own brand are ok (fabric conditioner)





i always use bold The lavender one smells lovely (powder)
Without a doubt Lenor. The smell lasts longer and I find with Comfort the smell seems to change after a day and go off.
Tide detergent has been around for over 60 years. It's the standard of detergents. Buy Tide, I have never used anything else, and my mother used nothing else as long as I could remember.
We use yellow Surf powder and yellow Comfort conditioner.


Both are reasonably priced and get rid of all the kiddies stains and spills.


Also on the plus side my kids suffer from eczma when we try new products cos they contain too many enzymes as do some of the bigger brands, but with these they are ok.
lenor.
liquid fabric softener is the best i think
I like tide (liquid). they have a new consentrate that have vanilla, jasmine and a couple other scents that are nice.
Comfort creme conditioner is gorgeous. Jojoba Oil or Sweet Almond Oil, each is a rich and creamy fabric conditioner that will leave your clothes feeling delightfully smooth and soft and smelling divine. It's a little bit more expensive than the others but a little goes a long way.





Overall, though, I think the scent impregnated ironing waters are a better way to ensure a nice scent in your clothes. Any powder or conditioner is obviously going to be diluted by the washing process. Spraying a scent on during ironing is more logical for a long-lasting fragrance. You can get them in most supermarkets (and M %26amp; S do a really nice one too).
Lenor spring fresh fabric conditioner - absolutely gorgeous
Ariel Liquid tabs leave your clothes smelling fab.





I used to use powder and could never smell it on my clothes after they were dry, but with these tabs, you open the wardrobe and you can smell them, you iron clthes and smell them and then when wearing the clothes i can still smell them!!!!!
suavitel
I've tried most and Bold lavender is def. the best
I agree with Georgie Girl, bold is great not only gets your clothes clean they smell great too!
I always buy a named brand, not sure if makes any difference, I never buy any that are highly scented, why would you want to smell of washing powder when there are so many perfumes to chose from.
BOLD washing powder without a doubt! I only just discovered it recently and i sit at my desk all day sniffing my sleeves, its gorgeous
Comfort Conditioning Creme with Jojobo is divine, - even my boyfriend (who, as a man, notices little else but boobs and football!) commented on how nice his clothes smell. Their website periodically gives away free samples (good for 3/4 washes) and a pashmina too if you're lucky enough http://www.comfortcreme.com/.





I don't know about 'cheap' vs 'expensive' but that is definitely the nicest one I have ever found.
Bold washing powder and comfort or lenor ..
My wife uses Persil non bio with a Tesco fabric conditioner called sleep easy and despite having 12-year old twins who moan about everything (as kids do) and a husband (me) who's probably worse than the kids, we all seem to think she's got it right with those combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardware